Food and Cookbook Fundraising Go Together
Having a plan on how to sell your cookbooks when they arrive is an essential part of a fundraising cookbook. Combining cookbook sales with food is a perfect combination for success.
Tips for Planning a Potluck/Cookbook Fundraiser
Hosting a potluck featuring recipes from the book gives your community a chance to give your cookbook a test drive. Here are a few tips from our customers that will help make this a successful event!
- Encourage people to bring dishes to the potluck that use the recipes they submitted. Have index cards on hand to list the name of the recipe and the page it can be found on. Then display these next to the dish.
- For recipes submitted in memory of someone consider placing a framed photo of them next to the dish made from their recipe.
- Have pens handy and encourage people to autograph each other’s cookbooks. This makes a perfect keepsake! Think back to the days when people signed and left little notes in yearbooks. Now, imagine the treasure of opening your cookbook to a handwritten message from a friend.
- If the potluck is close to the holidays consider inviting a youth group to help out. Set up a gift wrap station with donated paper and accept donations for gift wrapping.
- Some groups may find it fun to have a “photo booth” where people can pose with the cookbook. Place a few kitchen utensils like a mixing bowl and spoons. These photos will also be perfect to share on social media to spread the word even further.
- Have a table for children to sit at and create “bookmarks” for the cookbook. Encourage people to buy the cookbook as a gift and include their child’s bookmark as a special touch.
- No time for a potluck? Feature a few of the cookie/bar recipes from the cookbook and have a coffee or tea party.
Plan Ahead for Success
Plan ahead to make the most of your potluck. Try to set the date so you can use this as a launch party. It’s a perfect place to give people a chance to pick up copies they pre-ordered. If you already have your books, it’s never too late to boost sales with a potluck. Go ahead and put those cookbooks to good use and let them sell themselves.
Visit Cookbook Specialists or call 1-800-383-1679 for more information on how to create your fundraising cookbook!
For ideas on planning a Church Potluck check out this article at SignUpGenius 25 Church Potluck Tips