Propose a Cookbook Project to your group. A cookbook is a perfect project to raise funds or to share a keepsake book of recipes. Here are some tips for proposing the idea to the group.
Request a Guide
Request a copy of our FREE Cookbook Guide or download it from our website. This informative packet includes not only the guidebook but also a pricing sheet, order form, and a sample cookbook. The order form is a great way to breakdown the parts of the cookbook to consider. The sample cookbook shows examples of our recipe design options. Passing this around to your group will allow them to visualize the cookbook.
List the Benefits
Here is a sample list and you may have other thoughts that are more applicable.
- A group project that everyone can participate in by sharing recipes.
- Create a treasured keepsake item.
- Providing the community with a cookbook of tried-and-true recipes.
Have a Plan
Give your group the outline of the project from start to finish. The guidebook will give you a basic outline. You can also visit our YouTube channel for videos or read additional blogs for more information. You are also welcome to call Cookbook Specialists, for help with ideas on what plan will work best for you.
Here is a sample plan.
- How many recipes you would like the book to be and how many you would like each member to contribute.
- Date you would like recipes submitted by, date you want order submitted to Cookbook Specialists and date that you expect the cookbooks in hand.
- Selecting from the guidebook (or conversation with Cookbook Specialists) information on how recipes will be sorted and submitted.
- Discussing the plan for selling the books. (For ideas read the blog on Sales Success)
- Funding options. Check our guidebook for terms and conditions or our blog on Funding Fundraising Cookbooks for ideas that would work for your group.
Prepared to overcome objections. If someone has a question or concern that you don’t have the answer to, simply say, “I’m not sure, but I’ll check into it and will get an answer for you this week.” Then simply call us and we will discuss the question/concern so you can bring the answers back to your group.
Don’t hesitate to contact Cookbook Specialists, with questions. We have years of experience working with groups just like yours and we are happy to help.
Additional information can be found on our YouTube Channel
Download a copy of our Guidebook, Pricing Sheet, Order Form, or Sample Cookbook from our Resources Page